Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Toddler Bed Make-Over

We are slowly starting to make-over Jaxon’s bedroom from a “baby” room to a “big boy” room. This weekend my SIL gave me a cute toddler bed and I couldn’t have been more excited! I knew with a few coats of white paint it would be PERFECT for his room!!!
We started with this:
Jaxon Bed 002
Jaxon Bed 051

Once the paint process was finished I began re-arranging his room. Fun times!
This is what it looked like when we started:
Jaxon Bed 096
We previously had a daybed in his room which served as a changing table, storage device and spare bed for visiting relatives. I was so excited to get his new bed in the room that I forgot to take pictures of the daybed before I started taking it apart!
Jaxon Bed 097
Jaxon Bed 099
As you can see, I had all of his “baby” gear stored underneath. Without the bedding it looks like quite a MESS!
Jaxon Bed 105
Dad’s helper really enjoyed working on his room too!!
Jaxon Bed 111
Jaxon Bed 113
Luckily I was able to use the frame of the bed as another storage solution for those darn, bulky baby things!!
Jaxon Bed 116
Jaxon Bed 117
I think Taz approves of his new bed…and big boy room!!
Jaxon Bed 121
Jaxon Bed 127
Here is how the bed looks now:
Jaxon Bed 134
Now it’s time to start piecing together his bedding! I’m going to do an airplane theme using different pieces in reds and blues. I can’t wait to post follow up pics to show how it all comes together!
Once again…white paint make everything FABULOUS!
Have a super day!

I will be linking this project to:

 The DIY Show Off







 
 
 
 












   http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
 




10035475C0DE5EC972E8B93AC373E3BC

14 comments:

Erin Wallace said...

Excellent bed! My toddler has a bed, too, but wont sleep in it - know how to fix that? ;-) Following you, please follow back!

xo Erin

Tonia Lee Smith said...

Fabulous makeover, into his bog boy room! I'm a new follower from TAT, stop in an see me sometime soon.

Unknown said...

Following you now on GFC as Thrifty Canucks from TTA. Please check out my blog and follow if you can

http://thriftycanucks.blogspot.com/

Sarah Larsen said...

Wow! The bed looks great! I am newly following via TAT!

Unknown said...

I am working on the same project right this moment and took a break from sewing my son's new bedspread. Great job!! You can never go wrong with adding more storage!!

The Pennington Point said...

It is fabulous! I love the picture of him helping build the bed with his pacifier in his mouth. Adorable. I hope you'll show it again with all of the bedding on it. Lisa~

TheCraftBarn said...

I'm your newest follower from TTA!
Please visit my blog when you get a chance!
Thanks,
Jennifer
http://www.thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com

Laurie {Simply Scratch} said...

Saw you on TTA.. and I too am a fellow white paint fan!! We did my daughters bed in antique white and it is beautiful!!
Please feel free to check out my blog at www.simplyscratch.com... if you need some wonderful recipes!
Thanks!
Laurie

Erin @ The Little Apartment said...

nice job! that looks awesome (:

hannah said...

Very cool! Following you from Tag Along Tuesday.
http://mommysfirsts.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Looks great with a new coat of paint. I love captain's beds, they are the best.

visiting from today's creative blog

The Redhead Riter said...

This bed makeover is fantastic! You did a great job. It looks so clean, fresh and organized!

Sippy Cup Mom said...

Ok, that is fabulous! We are getting ready to get my son in a big boy bed and I love what you did! New follower from Tuesday Tag Along!

Megan Smith said...

aw you little guy is precious! i am also doing a airplane room re-do for my little man! good luck with it and can't want to see pics.. just started following! (came from csi)

<3> megan.
www.a-ruffle-in-time.com


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS