Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July traditions….

Since becoming a Mamma I’ve tried to start a few “family” traditions with Jaxon. I need to find more…but one thing I have done since he was born is take 4th of July pictures. I got the idea from Kate plus 8! On one of her shows, she mentioned that she does the same thing and it’s fun to see how much your kids have grown since the last year. I thought it was a cool idea…and I snapped Jaxon’s first 4th of July picture.

It is something that is really becoming fun! Just look at this tooter pie and how much he’s changed already!

His first 4th of July….

Jax 1st 4th of July_0002b

Last year….

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And now…THIS year!!!

Jax 4th of July 060

Jax 4th of July 028

Toooo cute right?? I’m a little partial to the model. LOL.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You could of course pick any holiday to do the same idea.

It doesn’t take a fancy outfit or background either. He had flag shirts the first 2 years, and this year I just found a shirt with red, white and blue. Just a snap of that moment!!

I like it because it’s a little different…from say the traditional Christmas or birthday picture. I am really starting to look forward to it too! Do you have any special photo traditions that you do with your kiddos and/or family? I’d love to hear about them!!

 

XoXo

signature

3 comments:

Life Happens said...

What a cutie! When I saw the first picture I totally did a double take because it looks like my son (who is 4 1/2 months).

What a great idea/tradition. It's great to see them grow!!

The Craftin Mama said...

OMG...he is absolutely adorable!!! He has changed soooo much since the first year!!

affectioknit said...

Love it ! and you're right he's adorable!...look at all that dark hair in the first photo...

....of course we always do a Christmas Card picture as a family...and we have all of Scout's school pictures done in a white polo...that way...when I do the 12 year thing with his senior pic in the middle...they'll all be the same...


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS