Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Cake Pop Recipe!

Oh yummmmo! Have you discovered cake pops yet? I’m sure you have! They are all the rage lately. From Starbucks, to local bakeries, cake pops are everywhere! And they have a PRETTY price too!

I have tried them at Starbucks once, but after the whopping prices, it’s just not something that gets on my priority list. We have a very teeny budget, and $20 for a dozen of those goodies aren’t practical in single Mom land! BUT…thank goodness for awesome Mammas like Pioneer Woman…who have made their own and shared it with the world!

I saw her recipe (found HERE) and I thought…omgeeeeee….I can so do this! For maybe $5?? Oh YAY!!!

So are you ready to make your own too? It’s SUPER fun for kiddos too! Jaxon LOVED helping!

Here we go!!!!!

044

This is all you need to make your own cake pops! Shut up! Isn’t that nutzo! Who knew!

028

You can mix and match flavors if you want! I wanted chocolate cake with vanilla outside icing stuff! LOL!

Mix and bake the cake as directed on the box. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or wax paper. Allow the cake to cool completely. Grab your little helpers and start crumbling the cake with forks. I just left our cake in the pan we baked it in…you could use another bowl if you wanted.

Jax thought this part was SUPER cool!

007

Add in about 3/4 of the container of frosting and mix well. For extra gushy, moist cake pops add the whole container.

I tried to get my little model to help show off the icing container…notice there is already chocolate on his face.

008

Once he realized that the container was chocolate icing…it was all over…all he wanted to do was lick the spoon!

012

015

Combine cake and icing until it looks like this.

019

It’s a chocolate mushy mess! LOL!

Next, I used a soup spoon to scoop out even amounts of the cake mixtures. You could use a melon scoop too…I just don’t have one!

Place cake balls on your lined cookie sheet. Once done shaping cake balls, place cookie sheet in freezer. Allow cake balls to freeze 20-30 minutes until hardened.

024

Melt almond bark in the microwave. I zapped mine for 1:30 minutes and just stirred until it all melted. The heat will eventually melt the entire bowl until is smooth.

031

Use a fork to hold your cake ball and spoon melted bark on your cake ball. Try not to roll the ball in the bark, believe me, I learned the hard way and had CAKE FLOATIES! LOL!

034

If you are going to decorate your cake balls, now is the time! Sprinkle with decorations and place back on cookie sheet to harden.

To make cake pops with popsicle sticks, I stuck the sticks in the cake balls, and spooned the melted bark on them. I placed them in an upside down strainer to harden. ((saw that idea on Pinterest! Yay!))

038

Then we proceeded to taste test. And by we…I mean ME because Jaxon thinks they are weird and won’t touch them! Ha ha ha ha!

035

They are sooooo DEEEEEELISH!

053

057

We added a few holiday sprinkles to a few to show how caaaa-ute they would be for CHRISTMAS! Love it! [[I’ve been fighting putting up my Christmas decorations since November 1st. Ha ha ha. This is the first year I am making myself wait until after Thanksgiving. Who knew it would be so hard! LOL!]]

 

043

If you think about it…homemade cake pops are a cute and inexpensive…handmade gift!! There are sooooo many possibilities with these!! We already sent some to Granny and PaPa’s house.

You could make them for your kiddos’ teachers….for neigbors…for friends!

What YUMMY FUN!

Here’s the recipe! Click the image to enlarge!

cake pops

Have a BLESSED day!

XoXo

signature

4 comments:

Life Happens said...

i love cake pops. they are a lot of work to make, but very yummy! i'm thinking of making them for my little guys bday in february.

affectioknit said...

What a cute idea! I love it!

Have a lovely day!

dmnarayana said...

that cake it's really beautiful i loved itDebenhams Discount Code

Anonymous said...

I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit. cakes torrance california


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS