Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wednesday Toddler Activities: Shaped Sponge Paintings

Howdy dooooody lovelies! Hope your week has been MARVELOUS so far!! I
It’s been happy…victorious…and amazing in our little neck of the woods.
Every day is a gift for God isn’t it…I’m so glad I get to be Jaxon’s Mamma…for one more day!! And many more I hope!! I’m so glad God shared this amazing little guy with me…he’s kind of…. my everything!♥
Anywho…here’s our FUN activity for the week! You know my MASTER PAINTER LOOOOOVED it too!!
painting 082b
To do your own SHAPED SPONGE PAINTINGS you will need:
○ Sponges
○ Scissors
○ Paint
○ Paper

I used plain-Jane Dollar Tree sponges…
painting 025
and used scissors to cut them into shapes…

Jaxon has to touch everything…and approve of the process.
painting 028

He could not wait to get started on his project….
painting 026

Surprisingly the sponges are SUPER easy to cut!
painting 031
I made a square, a rectangle, a heart…and an EGG for Easter.☺

As soon as the sponges were ready…Jax dunked them in and started his painting.
painting 032

He painted and painted with the sponges.
painting 034
I get such a kick out of watching him when he’s in his zone.
He switched out the different shapes on his own…but he really wasn’t into using the sponges as stamp to make the actual shapes. And it was his painting…so I let him do his thing!☺
painting 038
painting 045
He also had to do a little FINGERPAINTING too.
painting 050
painting 071
painting 063

Looooook MAMMA!!!
painting 073

And here is the final product….
painting 082
Even the sponges were pretty…LOL.
painting 088
painting 086
This is a project that is most definitely NOT limited to toddlers. Children of all ages would enjoy it!!
Hope you will as well!
Happy MIDDLE-OF-THE-WEEK!!!

XoXo,
signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

kindergarten school in india are an extension for your child's quality learning experience that begins with our kids play school and Nursery programs and aims at preparing kids for a successful career.
play school in india
play schools in india
Pre School Franchisee India

dhanu said...

Thank you for such interesting and cute activities. Most Pre-schoolers will love these activities Montessori schools in Vellore


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS