Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday Toddler Activities: Paper Towel Window Art

Helloooooooo lovelies! Happy middle of the week!!
I’m super happy to share with you our toddler activity for this week. We had a BLAST making these! I saw similar projects using white coffee filters.
But….wouldn’t you know that I only have the natural, brown coffee filters….so that wasn’t going to work.
So I looked around my home to find something about the same texture that would “bleed” colors nicely. Viola…paper towels! They turned out just as PRETTY as I had desired!
title pic project
I LOVE all the gorgeous colors!

To make your own you will need:
♥Paper towels
♥Scissors
♥Washable markers
♥Water
♥Paint brush
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This is what we started with:
project
I used a small saucer to trace circle shapes onto one side of a stack of paper towels. I folded the left-over half of the stack of paper towels and made heart shapes. You can make all kinds of shapes!
project2
We then began coloring on the shapes with markers.
project3
At first I had to help Jax hold his shape and color…but after awhile the little smart-britches figured out how to hold it and color simultaneously.
project4
This boy LOVES to color! As you can see!!
project5
He very much gets into his projects.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
After you have colored your shapes as much as you like, then grab a cup of water with a paint brush and begin “painting” the shapes with water.
project11
project6
I just love these pics….notice Jax’s piggies…he’s really curling them up in all that concentration. LOL!
project8
project7
project9
Note: I did not lay anything under the paper towels and it did not bleed. My table is old and wood so I wasn’t really worried if it bled through. You might protect your table if you are worried about color bleeding through.
project10
I could not stop taking pictures of how pretty they turned out! I just love them! Did I already say that??? LOL!
project12
project13
project14
project15
project16
project18
After they dried we hung them on our front window with a little dab of glue stick. You coult tape them up or use whatever other type of adhesive to hang them.
project19
Jax LOVED hanging his masterpieces up. He kept saying “Mom..es prebby!”
project20
Too SWEET!
project21
project23
He even did a HAPPY dance once they were all up!
project24
I really LOVED this project. My desk faces this window and every time I look up I see our little bits of colorful SUNSHINE!
project25
Phone pics 02-16-2010 073
We had SO MUCH FUN making this project and I hope you do too!!
Have a SUPER day and HAPPY CRAFTING!
XoXo
signature

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

FUN! and very prebby too!

Katy said...

I used to do this all the time when I was little! I would color paper towels (never thought to cut them into shapes!) and then ran them for a quick second under the water faucet. It was my way of making "tie dye" and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world! It was great to read your blog and be reminded of this!

-Katy

p.s.- Your son is adorable!!

Nancy Ferdinand said...

Way to go, Jax! :) Those paper towels look so flossy, especially with the "tie die effect" by your little Jax. These made your window look more 'interesting.' Yeah, something like this will make you smile at every glance. So much you can do with paper towels and washable markers, right? :)

Leah Clay said...

How old is Jax? I think he has a potential to be an artist, what do you think? I’ll teach my daughter how to create her own paper towel window art! I’m sure she’ll enjoy coloring the butterfly patterns.

dmnarayana said...

FUN! and very prebby too! loved it it is nice Debenhams Discount Code


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS