Haaaaapppppyyyy FRIDAY! Whew…did this week seem DOUBLE extra LOOOOOOONG or what??? Goodness gravy!!! We are SUPER happy for the weekend! Yipeeeeee! LOL!
This week I tried a new cookie recipe that turned out absolutely DELISH. I love that it only has 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. No butter or extra fatty stuff. It has LOT’S of goody goodness too!!
I found the recipe on Clean Eating Mamma’s blog. If you haven’t ever visited her…you should really swing by.
Her food is just beautiful. I wish I ate that PRETTY every day! Visit her blog by clicking HERE. Find the original recipe HERE.
Here is the FABULOSO recipe:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce, organic
- 1/2 cup organic raw sugar or can juice crystals
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon organic honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, dark is preferred
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixer, add applesauce and sugar and mix until creamy. Add egg, vanilla, honey and olive oil. Mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking soda, salt, rolled oats, baking powder and cinnamon. Slowly add the dry to wet, mixing until moist. Add the chocolate chips at the end, stirring gently.
- Using a teaspoon, drop spoonfuls of mixture to your baking sheet. Use parchment paper or cooking spray to prevent them from sticking. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown around the edges. Recipe will make about 2 dozen cookies.
** I wouldn’t worry if you don’t have ALL ORGANIC ingredients. Use what you have! I had good ‘ol Great Value Oats…and they worked JUST AS GOOD!I also think next time I will add a little flax meal for extra fiber goodness.♥
This is what the batter looked like:
It’s just a smidgen more wet than the traditional chocolate cookie recipe.
Here’s the FINAL product!
They are DELISH!
It makes my Mamma heart happy when he likes “healthier” versions of foods.
But in true JAXON fashion…he left me a super-special-little-left-over-bite by my computer….
You just never know where you will find Jaxon surprises….or what they will be!!
Have a super blessed weekend!!