Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Love Day 10–Saturday Morning German Pancakes ((recipe))

Happy Saturday to you! Hope your weekend is off to a great start. I don’t know why I’m on a recipe kick lately but I wanted to share another food goodie today.
036 text
I had never heard of German Pancakes until last year. I read about them on a food blog and then researched the recipes of different ones. I had to try them out. They are sooooo good. And they are cheap, anyone usually has the ingredients on hand and they are SUPER easy.
I love pancake breakfasts, but I don’t like standing over a hot griddle for 20 minutes to cook them. Yuck and boring. And for just Jaxon and I --- it’s kind of silly to do. So these are the perfect alternative.
They take about 5 minutes to make and 25 minutes to bake. Super easy!
I love making them on Saturday mornings. And you know my Jaxy loves to help make them too!
031
I don’t know why they are called pancakes, because they don’t have the same texture. I think it’s better.
They are like a fancy pastry.
038
See all the flaky goodness. YUMMO!
042
You can serve them with honey, agave nectar or syrup. We’ve had them with all three. They would be really great to experiment with and add various ingredients. For now, we love them with syrup drizzled over them.
I added them for the Christmas features because I thought they would be a super easy, cheap and fast breakfast for your houseguests. They are so delicious, they taste like a gourmet entrée and your guests would never know how simple they really are!
Here’s the recipe:
pancakes

Have a blessed day!!
XoXo
signature

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These look so good! I am a big fan of making pancakes on Saturday mornings. =)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I made this today for breakfast and it was so easy and delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!

Extreme Cleaning Little Rock said...

Great post thhanks


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS