Monday, September 19, 2011

Shooting West Texas Photography Symposium 2011–part one

Happy MARVELOUS Monday!! What a beautiful week!! I am in the process of getting my week started. Just made my To-Do list for the week. I always get a little uneasy when I look at that crazy list. Goodness…it is only by the grace of God that I get it all done by the end of the week.

I do want to share a little peak of what I did this weekend. As you know, I went to Alpine to participate in the Sul Ross State University Shooting West Texas Photography Symposium. Here’s a pic my Mamma took of me on campus. Me and my lovely – Medusa HAIR! LOL!

059

It was beyond all of my expectations. I was a little afraid of being around so many professional photographers and wondering how I would even talk to them? It’s funny how you can feel insecure about your art. Silly me too…because each person…even the State of Texas Photographer Wyman Meinzer was amazingly warm and friendly.

Because I saw so many things and took so many pictures I’m going to break these posts into smaller posts for this week.

Here are a few images I took while exploring in the area. I was so THRILLED to be there for a rainy weather weekend. It was AH-MAZING!

062 logo

This one is my favorite from the weekend. I just happened to be at the right spot when the sun was still shining on a few of the mountains. I’m so making a gallery wrap of this for my living room…someday LOL.

071 logo

I have a slight thing for Big Bend sunsets. Love the hard light and pretty tones.

080 logo

064 logo

My Mom and I drove to Marathon to explore…it was gorgeous too!

074 logo

The Catholic church in Marathon before the rain.

079 logo

These are from a gorgeous plant downtown Alpine.

220 logo

And remember how awesome I said all of the speakers were….yeppers…here is me….with the State of Texas Photographer Wyman Meinzer. Remember all his work I posted last week???

He is my absolute HERO. He was the nicest and most warm and friendly celebrity type of person I have ever met. He showed us his gear and told us about a lot of the techniques he used. He was just such an inspiration. I’m so printing this photo and putting it on my desk to remember how inspiring he was.

117

Well lovelies hope your week is starting off GREAT!!

More Shooting West Texas fun to COME this week!!!

XoXo

signature

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

All gorgeous!

Have a lovely day!

Kat said...

You take incredible photos! Absolutely beautiful. Have a great week. Kat :-)


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS