Monday, May 16, 2011

Burlap flower make-overs, canning jar soap dispensers and other happenings!

Howdy doooooody!
It always feels a little awkward saying hi…after such a long absence. Is anyone else struggling to keep up with blogging in all this gorgeous warm weather??

The past couple of months have not been BIG BLOGGING months for me. I hope to get back on track as summer progresses. My little photo business that my BFF and I run has really taken off…and finding balance with that…plus my REGULAR WORK…and MAMMA WORK…and well…you can see how sometimes…blogging is on the bottom of the totem pole!

I think the experience of blogging is priceless…and I so love it…so I hope to get back on my BLOG HORSE and start GIDDY-UPPING! LOL!

I have made a few crafties recently. I had a friend/reader ask for a few burlap flowers that are on my front door wreath to finish a project in her daughter’s nursery. I was so excited to share one of my crafties…but with all this UN-BALANCED craziness around here… I BARELY got around to making them this weekend. Whew…sorry RACHEL! They are on their way now!!

White family 1807
I love making these flowers. Easiest…cutest little things. When I started…I couldn’t stop…and I made over a few pillows in my office/front room.
blog5

I seriously love burlap. I could have burlap EVERYTHING.♥ And I think it’s perfect for these little rosette flowerdy thingys! Yes that’s a WORD! LOL!

blog6

thought I would share a few pictures of the room too. I found a few treasures recently that are a MUST SHARE.

This little-oh-so-groovy-green chair….
blog2

was found a few months ago in an alley by a dumpster. You know this Junk Art GIRL loves the alley treasures. She radiates vintage beauty. And is FABULOUSLY comfortable.
This dresser was a recent find. Want to take a guess where she was???

blog1
at the….

d u m p

It is perfectly chippy and beautiful.
And yes.

I’m that girl. The girl who WILL haul treasures from the dump with NO SHAME.
My parents were renovating their front and back porches and had a few loads to haul to our local dump.

I went to help unload their junk…and found MANY treasures. You aren’t supposed to really “scavenge” at the dump…but I am a JUNK rebel. Wasting decent furniture should be against the rules I think.

There’s a desk that goes with that dresser. I’m saving that “reveal” for later. I found 2 desks actually. A huge outdoor table and some yummy vintage junk for picture props. Very AWESOME!
Here’s what is on the top of the dresser…for now.

blog4

Oldie vintage goodies in my collections….

blog5

And here’s another little salvaged table next to the vintage GREEN diva chair….this is my favorite cowgirl print.

blog3

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
And one more creation!!
I made these for my kitchen!! YAY!!!

blog7

Lot’s of bloggers have made them so I didn’t create this idea. But I did make them Tiffany style. The small one is my hand soap…and the large one is my dish soap. I wanted pretty soaps for my sink. I haven’t seen anyone do one for both types of soap. Love it!
Want to know how I made them?

For my hand soap, I used the soap dispenser pump from the hand soap and a jelly jar. For my dish soap, I used a large, wide-mouth jar and a lotion dispenser pump.
To create them I got down and really technical. Watch out.

Screw the lids on the jar….grab a knife…and stab a few holes in the center of each lid. Not very big! Just enough for the tube to push through.

Then push the dispenser down until it is flush with the lid! Open the jar…fill it with soap…reattach the lid…and VIOLA…CANNING JAR SOAP DISPENSER!
I did not glue it…or secure it…it’s pretty stable with just the little hole. I also had to trim the lotion dispenser to fit in the large jar.

Other than that…it took a whole 5 minutes to make!
So easy. And SO CUTE!!! Way cuter than the regular dispensers!

05-16-2011 033
Okay so I’m off to write my articles for today! Fun times!!!
Have a SUPER Monday!!
XoXo
signature

7 comments:

affectioknit said...

Love the new banner...and the rosettes - so cute!...I think my parents had a green chair a lot like that one...it was vinyl but it had some texture to it...now I'm wondering whatever happened to it...Love the little soap jars too!

Dusti said...

This post just rocked my world! I'm a total canning jar fiend- strange, I know- and this is just the project I needed for this week. I'm making a Mason jar pendant light, so these will match perfectly! Off to make- will link back to you when I post pics on my blog!

Thank you!
Dusti
www.wheresdusti.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

you are the most amazingly talented person I have ever know tiffany! I am speechless every time. Rachel is going to love the pretty flowers! yay!
xoxo-Keri bohemian backbone

p.s. looovve the new header =)

Dusti said...

http://wheresdusti.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-mason-jar-love.html

Gave you a shout out for the inspiration! Thanks :)

Dusti

leslie@heart4home.net said...

Hello Tiffany! You inspired me to create a Pickle Jar Soap Pump!! I included a picture/link back to your site. Thank you!!

http://www.heart4home.net/2011/08/pickle-jar-soap-pump/

Anonymous said...

I love these burlap flowers, is there a link to how you made them???

Mrs Plazza said...

Is there a link to how you made the burlap flowers? I need to make some for my best friend's wedding, and the flowers you did are the closest to what I am looking to do!


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS